I'll post more pictures soon. I have quite a few more from the trip! :)
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Our trip to AZ...
Matt is in Fort Huachuca, Arizona for 6 weeks for training for the Reserves right now. So Dylan and I decided to take a trip out there to go visit him. We weren't able to get a direct flight to Tucson, so we stopped in Atlanta. Dylan did fairly well on the plane rides. His biggest issue wasn't the pressure on his ears -- it was that when he was tired, he wanted to fall asleep in his bed! Not in my lap!! This made it tough at times, but watching him get excited about seeing the cars, trucks, and planes on the runway was worth it!
Matt had to go to class the next day so Dylan and I just had fun going shopping at the PX (the Army's version of Target or Walmart). Dylan even took a little break and rested in a chair. :)
Later that evening we went to an amazing restaurant, Cafe Roka, (recommended by Matt's coworker) in a small town called Bisbee. The food was amazing! It was a 4 course meal. I even tried some of Matt's dinner -- QUAIL! Now, I'd be willing to bet no other member of my immediate family has ever had that before! :)
The drive back to the hotel was nice watching the sunset (although it sure was bright).
Here's a view from the part of Fort Huachuca.
Just over one of the mountain ridges behind me is the Mexico border. This picture gives you an idea of the layout of the area. The area is mostly flat, desert-like, with a few mountains in the distance. The weather was pretty good while we were there. 85 and sunny, with some very-windy days. It's very dry there!!!
I'll post more pictures soon. I have quite a few more from the trip! :)
I'll post more pictures soon. I have quite a few more from the trip! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the picture of Dylan sitting in the chair while you bored him shopping ;)
Post a Comment