Friday, May 11, 2012

Helicopters

 On Friday I'm home with the boys and I try to be creative with things to do to keep them entertained. While we were playing outside in the morning -- Dylan came up with a great idea: "Mommy lets pick up all the helicopters!" Why didn't I think of it sooner?!?! Helicopters had over-taken our yard and driveway!! So I grabbed their shovels and a 5 gallon bucket and let them loose. After a little bit of instruction on how to best pick up the helicopters with the shovel, Dylan became a pro! And Parker helped out too!
By lunchtime, they had filled the bucket half-way up.
 After naptime, we headed back out again and finished the rest of the bucket. They even tamped down the helicopters with the ends of their shovel to make room for some more!
 In the end, they filled the bucket almost to the brim. And we had a few hours of entertainment filled up!
 They had a blast and our driveway got cleaner! Double bonus! Cant wait til the leaves come down in the fall! :)

No comments: