Thursday, May 14, 2009

Busy Few Weeks

We've had a busy few weeks. Perhaps the most difficult thing has been me returning to work last week. It's been a tough transition because I had gotten spoiled with being able to spend so much time with Dylan during my 3-month maternity leave. Dylan is now going to daycare at Matt's work, which seems to be working out okay. The ladies at daycare love Dylan. They scoop him out of Matt's arms once he arrives to see Dylan smile and laugh. However now that I'm back to work, I don't see Dylan until about 5pm when Matt comes home for work. Since I'm done work at 1:30pm, I have to keep myself busy for a few hours until Matt comes back with Dylan. That's the tough part! Dylan is definitely pretty cute in the morning too. When he wakes up, he acts a lot like me -- not wanting to get up! He covers his eyes with his hands and groans and turns away from the light. haha!My first Mothers Day was this past weekend. Matt let me sleep in and surprised me with breakfast in bed - which was wonderful! Eddie even thought Matt was going to give him a treat too so he spit out the pacifier he had been carrying around! (we didn't even realize it was missing!) For dinner we went over to my parents' house to celebrate Mothers Day and Kyle's 17th birthday. It was fun to see the family and hang out with everyone. Dylan seems to be growing by the minute. He's 3 months old now and just melts our hearts. He's smiling lots and laughing too. He is getting much better head control. He can now hold his head up when his trunk is supported. Although at times he still looks like a bobble-head doll. :) He's starting to discover his hands. He'll entertain himself for a while staring at them. And at times, he even becomes cross-eyed looking at his hands when they get really close to his face. It's adorable! He loves look at his mobile in his crib. When we lay him down in bed, he looks up at the mobile as if to say "turn it on". :) Dylan is also definitely responding to our voices and faces. The other day when Matt was reading Dylan a bedtime story I walked in and saw him just staring at Matt. It was so cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is 3 months old already! That's crazy!!! I'm sure it must be hard for you to be back at work; but that little man is so lucky to have such great parents. We can't wait to see you all - oh, and Kyle is 17??? What's going on here??

Alicia Angell said...

Great pics - he's such a cutie & getting so big! I hope work is getting easier & I'm glad you had a happy Mother's Day!