All day on Thursday I started noticing my back becoming progressively more sore, so we figured Baby Goodnough was on his or her way sometime in the next couple days. After getting home from work on Thursday, I took a nap and stayed in bed most of the evening. Despite resting, my back soreness continued to intensify a bit -- nothing excruciating though. We decided it would be best for me not to go into work the next day. That night, I continued to wake up every 30-60 minutes during the night because of either bathroom trips, discomfort, or nerves. Friday morning came and my lower back soreness seemed about the same as the night before, so Matt went into work for a few hours to finalize details there, while I stayed in bed all morning. I was only having low back pain (no abdominal pain), but started noticing it come and go, so at about 8:40am I started timing them. They were about 7 minutes apart and lasted about 10-15 seconds long. By 10:20 (me still in bed), they were still 7 minutes apart, lasting 15-20 seconds, but the intestity was worsening. I called Matt and told him to head home, then I called the doctor to make sure of when they wanted me to come in -- they replied:
now. Well, that wasn't exactly possible so I got up, showered and got dressed... and that's when things spiked quite a bit. By the time Matt got home and we were in route to the hospital, my contractions (still only in my back) were 4 minutes apart and lasting 45-60 seconds. Thank goodness we drove my car to the hospital -- I think if we drove in Matt's Teal Tank, I might have had the baby on Georgia Avenue!!! :) When we arrived at the hospital, my stubbornness convinced Matt that I was okay to walk in from the parking garage to the doctor's office. By the time we walked in their door it was 12:10, and I was measured at 6.5cm! They decided to admit me, and again me with my stubbornness (and discomfort with sitting) declined a wheelchair and opted to
walk to the labor and delivery floor. We arrived at the room at 12:30pm, and after starting an IV, they checked me and I was 9cm! They called the doctor up, stalled for a bit due to computer/monitoring issues (that I didn't know about until afterwards -- thankfully), and Dylan Matthew Goodnough arrived at 1:28pm on February 6th -- Matt's birthday!!! Dylan weighed in at 7lbs 2oz and was 21 inches long. He has a small birthmark on his left eye and a little bit of jaundice, but otherwise healthy! We feel so blessed to have this wonderful bundle of joy in our lives!!






.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment