Sunday, October 10, 2010
Tree Guys...
We needed to get some trees removed from our backyard. Some of them were growing over top of the house and we wanted to feel a little more confident during rain, wind and snow storms that a tree wouldn't come crashing through our roof. I snapped about 100 photos before, during and after the whole process. The guys were amazing! Fearless and crazy also come to mind too. But thankfully they do what they do, because there is no way you'd catch Matt or I up in those trees. The main climber was probably at least 60 years old and was probably in better shape than almost anyone I've ever met! In these next two pictures, you can see him barely hanging onto a tree and then reaching out horizontally to cut a limp on another branch -- all with just the security of a rope and his spiked shoes! You can actually see the branch falling in the second picture. 
This other guy walked all the way out to the end of the branch without any reliance on ropes for balance!!! I would have been petrified it would have snapped under my weight.
Dylan had fun picking up sticks too. He's getting to be such a good helper. :)
He also enjoyed watching the guys operate chain saws and cut down trees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment