Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hopefully on the mend...

We've had a rough few weeks in the Goodnough household regarding illnesses. Two weeks ago we were hit by the stomach bug. Dylan and I both got it on Saturday. It's truly heart-breaking to watch your 3-year old holding a trash can. But Dylan actually did much better than we expected. He was such a brave boy for getting hit pretty hard with it.
Sunday Matt got the stomach bug, and since Monday was a holiday, I went into the office for only two hours until the boys woke up, and then came home to take care of all my boys and started Operation Disinfectant! We did NOT want Parker to get sick, and so I wiped down every single surface they could touch. During naptime I cleaned all their toys and OH MY!!! THEY HAVE A LOT OF CARS AND TRUCKS!!! :) Thankfully Parker did not get sick, but Dylan took a few extra days to get better since he ended up getting diarrhea after the stomach bug subsided. Poor guy!!

Then last weekend we had quite a few plans since the weekend before was shot! Well, Saturday morning, Dylan woke up looking like he had the chicken pox on his face!
So we headed off to the doctor and came back with a diagnosis of impetigo: essentially a rash (usually near nose and mouth) caused by a staff infection likely from a cut or sore. We were given an antibiotic cream and instructions to keep Dylan as sequestered as possible for 24hours since it was contagious. Wouldn't you know that Saturday Dylan wanted to share every single one of his toys with Parker?!?! Ugh! Operation Disinfectant Part II began again!


Last Sunday, our niece Gia was being dedicated at their church. Since we didn't want to put Gia or anyone else at risk from getting whatever Dylan had, Matt stayed home with the boys and I went to Frederick. The church was really nice and reminded me a lot about our church -- and why we chose our church. I'm so happy that Kevin and Alicia were able to find a church they love. And I'm thankful I was able to be there for the dedication. Gia looked adorable!! :)

No comments: