This year we decided to do separate family and friends birthday parties for Dylan so it wasn't so overwhelming for him. We decided to do a "construction" themed party for his friends' party and with the help of Pinterest, I came up with quite the inspiration! We invited some friends from church, the neighborhood, and daycare. Dylan had 3 boys his age and Parker had 2 friends too.
I made a "caution" wreath for the door.
And a road tablecloth :) (I forgot to take a picture when the table was completely filled with food. sorry!)
Matt decorated the gate and the banister.
As you can see, the boys were REAL happy! hahaha!
I got all the kids a construction helmet, Home Depot tool belt, and some stickers.
When the kids came, they had a blast playing with all the toys.
They had truck races in the living room.
We sang happy birthday to Dylan
And then we let the boys put on their hats and their belts and enjoy digging in some uncooked rice and beans
They had a BLAST!!! :) A few kids, including Dylan, were NOT happy when we had to put it away so everyone could go home. After we cleaned up, Dylan played with some of his new toys... even refusing dinner because he was having so much fun!
Smiles at the end of the day :)
Happy birthday Dylan! We love you!!
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment