Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Shed

Ever since we moved in this house, Matt has wanted a shed. Well a few weeks ago he got his wish! ;) Prior to the shed arriving, we had the ground leveled and gravel put in. The bobcat that did the work tore our yard up though!! It looked like a motorcross raceway (I dont have any pictures of this though.) But because the area were the shed was going to go tends to stay wet, we wanted a good foundation. And unfortunately that happened to the yard. Oh well.

A few weeks after that, we got the shed delivered. Matt's dream day had come!! ;) The shed pulls up on the trailer....
And begins to back up into the yard.....
But the ground was a little soft, and because they didn't bring the motorized trailer, the truck got stuck!!
The ruts in the yard were getting bigger by the minute! 
So Matt and the driver worked on inching it up the hill...
After over an hour and moving only about 6 inches at a time, the driver gave up and abandoned the trailer in the middle of our yard!!!
He said he'd come back later!! Matt was fuming. And I was freaking out. After dinner, the guy called back and said they could come back in a few days with the motorized trailer OR they could come in an hour. We weren't sure what the weather forecast was going to be, so we told them to come back that night. So in the pitch black, with a few lamps shining brightly, they hooked back up the trailer to the truck, and then transferred the shed from one trailer to a motorized one. The motorized trailer then maneuvered its way to the gravel pad with minimal yard damage (in comparison to what happened before), and put it in place! The next day we got to see the shed in all its beauty... Matt was in love! (not with the yard though!!) His comment to me: "The shed is beautiful like you!" I guess that means he likes it...although I think he might need to work on his complimenting skills ;) :)
Next yard project: fixing the grass! I'm hoping I can bribe one of my brothers to just walk on all the ruts to even them out :)

1 comment:

Beverly Ryan said...

Kristy, I just LOVE your blog. I've been reading through it because I'm thinking about staring one myself, so I've been doing a little research and poking around other people's blogs. Yours is one of the most delightful blogs I've found. You are a great writer and you do a beautiful job of capturing things in an interesting and succinct way. Thanks for sharing your life and your family with your readers!
Love,
Beverly