Just when we were getting things back under control from the last snow storm a few days ago... part 2 of the blizzard of 2010 strikes! Because of this second storm, we had to cancel a trip to Idaho, which we were pretty upset about. But we didn't want to be stranded in an airport with a 1yr old! Well anyhow, since we lost power in the last storm a few days ago, we tried to be more prepared this time around -- and because of that, we've gone almost all day with still heat and electricity! Go figure. :) Today's snow accumulations were maybe 12 inches??? But it was really hard to tell because the wind was so bad.
Here's a picture from our kitchen looking out on the street. This picture isnt very clear because of the WIND! And check out how high the snow comes up on the trees out front.

Icicles hanging from the gutters. Let's hope the gutters don't fall down.

Snowblower broke :( ...I guess I know what Matt will be getting for Fathers Day this year!! :)

Murphy being guard-dog... or looking for squirrels :)

Murphy was wiped out after a long day in the snow and wind.

As I write this, it is still snowing a little, but I still thought I should let you know about our interesting news for today:
The National Weather Service says Washington, DC, has now broken the previous record for total season snowfall. So far this season, 54.9 inches have fallen on Reagan National Airport. The previous record was set in 1898-1899 at 54.4 inches. However, most of the DC area has had far more snow than the official record suggests. And the winter isn't over yet!!! Yikes!!
1 comment:
wow that is unbelievable! that is an incredible amount of snow!
Post a Comment