Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trip to NC

This year, Matt let me pick the destination for a vacation... and I chose the BEACH! :) We used to go to North Carolina all the time when we were little, and I loved it... so that's where I decided we should go again. We booked this vacation way before we knew we'd be moving, so timing was a bit tough. Thankfully my brother and his wife, Kevin & Alicia, offered to take Dylan down early so Matt and I could finish some last-minute moving stuff which was very helpful! By the time we got to NC, we were in need of some much-needed R&R! We spent time in the Outer Banks with my immediate family and my Aunt Patty and her boys. (the picture below is still missing half of my family! I think we need some more girls!!!) Dylan LOVED the pool!! -- and loved the sand even more!!! He was actually content for almost an hour in ONE spot on the sand. Maybe we should have installed sand in our house instead of hardwood floors! :) He wasn't a huge fan of the ocean, but Matt was jumping back too! :) Dylan also sat for a long time in his new beach chair under the umbrella, just playing in the sand and making a mess! At night we went on the beach and looked for ghost crabs. I cant wait for Dylan to get older to experience that thrill of finding them (or running from them) on the beach. My dad (a "die-hard Yankee fan") was also caught using a RED SOX towel!!! I guess he's trying to live up to Dylan's name for him: Big Papi :) Matt did try boogie boarding, but the waves weren't great and the jellyfish were even worse! (some storms had brought them closer to the shore). So the boys didn't last too long in the water. All the boys enjoyed playing cornhole...it definitely became quite a competition! All-in-all, Matt and I really enjoyed our trip to NC. Although our trip was cut short because of moving, we really enjoyed being able to relax for a couple of days :)

1 comment:

Alicia Angell said...

Yay for new pictures! Looks like lots of fun, so glad you guys were able to get some vacation time in with all the moving fun. Dylan is just as cute as ever & you look great too!