I've had a few people ask about how my cooking resolution has been going, so I figured I'd do a quick update now. I have to be honest, I haven't been doing this every week since January. It was temporarily halted for about a month while Matt's mom came out to visit -- she did all the wonderful cooking! :) YUMMY! However, before and after she visited I have been trying to work at getting more comfortable in the kitchen. And I'd have to say it's been a pseudo-success. :) I've been doing fairly well with meal-planning each week. This has helped immensely with my stress level during the week. I'm no longer trying to figure out what to eat at the last minute. Also, I've been trying to do at least one "new" meal each week -- something that has been slightly out of my comfort zone. Some of them have been good, others have been average, and a few have been a total flop! Two of the most memorable "flops" to date have been a roaster chicken and meatloaf. :)
When I cooked the roaster chicken, I put it in upside-down by accident! Thankfully Matt was there to save the day!! :) Although this flop wasn't a total flop -- we used the leftover chicken to make a delicious chicken pot pie a few days later!
The second "flop" didn't have quite the positive spin on it.... I attempted meatloaf. But unfortunately neither of us could stomach a bite. Oh well -- "A" for effort! :)
Dylan is even trying some new stuff. Here he decided to dip a cheesestick in jello! :)
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have you tried the freezer cooking at all? I'm telling you it is my life saver!
Post a Comment