This week's Project Simplify hot spot was tackling the kids' toys and clothes. For the most part, the boys' clothes were already fairly organized. With Parker growing like a weed, I'm already constantly going through his drawers to swap out things for bigger sizes. And Dylan's clothes are fairly up-to-date as well. I did spend about 30 min just on both of their closets/drawers, but didn't think my effort even warranted pictures! :)
However their playroom has been an ever-changing project since we've moved in. I thought it would be fun to see the journey the room has taken until this point... When we first saw the house (before we even put an offer on it) I took pictures of every room. And here was our first glimpse of it...intended to be a living room or family room.
I took more pictures on move-in day...
A week later, we ripped up the carpet, re-stained the hardwood floors underneath and put a fresh coat of paint on the walls...
We knew we wanted this room to be a place for Dylan & Parker to have fun, but we never had a playroom in the old house. So this room initially had a mix of ghetto shelves....
and mismatched furniture.
There was also a huge playset in the corner.
But I wanted a change. Even though it was the "kids" room. I wanted it to have an organized, grown-up feel -- especially since it's one of the first rooms you see when you walk in the house. I then came across IHeartOrganizing and was completely inspired!! I really liked what she did with their kids' room: the organization, the colors, the style, everything! In January, with some fresh ideas in my head, my mom and I headed off to Ikea and a few hours later we had loaded up the minivan to the brim! I then enlisted the help of Matt & Dylan to put together all of the goodies. :)
Here's our playroom now...
I love the seating area for two. Matt and I can enjoy coffee on a Saturday morning while watching the boys play.
The shelving has been awesome!! And I still have lots of room to "grow" with it.
Dylan also has a lot of areas where he can play cars, read books, or sit down. Although the biggest issue that I'm still working on is that I haven't put anything on the walls yet.
I have these amazingly cute ABC 8x10 cards that I absolutely love!! I think I'm going to put them up with fishing wire and clothespins, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe someday soon :)
Although I'm not great with interior design stuff so if any of you have any better ideas for the cards/walls, please share! :)
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment