Sunday, March 20, 2011

Project Simplify: Paper Clutter

This past week's Project Simplify hot spot was "paper clutter". As soon as I saw that, my heart sank. This was going to be a tough week!!! There are two major areas in our home that collect paper: the kitchen counter and the office. Our kitchen counter is the dumping ground for mail, keys, coupons, grocery lists, and my other 784 lists I like to make! :) I have cleaned this relatively recently, so it wasn't too bad.
However, the office is another story! Since we've moved, I have yet to finish tackling the office. I've done bits and pieces of it, but it's never been complete. It's been on my "To-Do" list, but I never quite got there. Well this week forced me to!!
I finished Sunday afternoon.. Just in time for next week's project. Here's the "after" pictures...
The kitchen counter:
And the office! YAY!! :) I love how I can actually see the table now!
I also bought some nice boxes from Ikea to store the other unfinished projects -- photos and Matt's To-Do/Work/Other papers -- so even there's still things to work on, it doesn't look as messy! :) 
Last thing to do in the office is buy some frames to hang out diplomas, certifications and other awards. But at least it's organized now! :)

No comments: