Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Driveway Fun

On Friday morning, the boys and I went outside to play while it was still cool. I usually get the stroller set up for Parker before we even head outside. Last Friday I wasn't quite as prepared as I usually am and had to put Parker down on the driveway while I set up the stroller. (Before putting him down, I checked the driveway temperature, made sure there weren't any bugs or sharp or potentially edible objects on it) Initially when I put him down, he stayed in one spot (a rarity for him) and made the funniest face:
Then he discovered a leaf!!!! And was happy as can be!!!
I didn't want to be too awful of a mother :) so after letting Parker sit on the driveway with bare legs and feet for a few minutes, I picked him up and attempted to put him in the stroller.... but Parker did NOT want to be in the stroller!! He wanted to be on the ground and playing!! So we went to a different part of the driveway and explored the grass.
Parker was having a blast!! He loved crawling everywhere, finding all the leaves, and seeing what he could slip by Mommy and shove in his mouth! In the end, I did manage to get him to sit for a few minutes in the stroller -- only because he thought he could reach my Diet Pepsi!!!
All while Parker was causing trouble, Dylan was having fun on his cart. He's discovered the joy in lifting both legs up and going fast down the driveway. 

No comments: