Friday, May 27, 2011

7 months already!

At work the other day someone made a comment about how I "just" had a baby recently..... but after thinking for it a minute, I realized I didn't just have a baby -- I had a baby 7 months ago!! Time sure does fly!! Parker is getting so much more mobile and developing a much bigger personality over the past month. He smiles so much and is quite the happy baby -- no more Mr Business! :)
He loves the bath tub! He kicks and splashes like crazy! The walls are soaked and so am I by the time we are done. (we covered him with a washcloth not just to keep things decent, but because he'll pee all over us if we dont!! gotta love boys!) :) 
Parker does have a few moments where he just wants to relax and hang out, but most of the time he's ready to run!
He has two bottom teeth already and continues to teethe as the other ones are almost ready to come in. So Parker drools like crazy (hence the need for a bib all the time) and EVERYTHING gets shoved in his mouth!
 Parker is VERY observant. And knows what he wants!! Here I caught him here staring up at all the toys trying to figure out which one he wanted :)
 Over the past month, we've added peas, green beans, spinach, pears, turkey and ham to his food list. He doesn't care too much for the peas and green beans -- see his face below! :) Although today he ate the peas pretty good when I mixed it with pears. Yummy! Haha. He still has a bit of a weak stomach and has to stay upright for about 30 min after eating -- otherwise he'll spit up.
Within the past week, we've noticed HUGE changes in Parker's mobility. He can roll like a champ. He can pull himself in an Army crawl with both hands for a foot or two. He can push himself up into sitting from his belly, and can play with toys while sitting up without much difficulty. Parker can now get up on all fours and rock back and forth. He has made attempts to move an arm or leg when in this position as if to crawl, but that usually ends in a face-plant. But I don't think it will be long before he actually starts crawling! He's ready to go!!
 This face cracks me up!!!
He's sleeping much better too. He is pretty consistent from about 9:30 or 10pm til about 7am -- although he still has some "moments" :) This weekend I'm going to make the attempt to drop the last late night feeding... we'll see how it goes.

No comments: