Tuesday, May 31, 2011

BBQ

Two weekends ago we threw a BBQ for people at Matt's work. This was the weekend following my dad's graduation so we were pretty busy trying to prepare for it. We had pictures still to hang, rooms to clean, food to make, etc. Thankfully Paul came over the morning of the party to help out with the boys while I finished getting things ready. We actually even sent him on some errands too! Without Paul, I'm not sure what we would have done!! Thanks Paul!! While he was over, he fed Parker -- although I think Parker's got a pretty good grip on that spoon! :)
I think the final tally of people was 15 adults and 10 kids under the age of 5. Chaos!! Only one lantern broke -- not bad considering how hectic it was. Murphy was quite wore out by the end. Here's a picture of the buffet of food at the beginning of the afternoon... We still ended up putting a few more platters out -- which I completely forgot to take a picture of the final feast! But you get the idea.
We had so much leftover food though that we ended up doing an impromptu BBQ the next day with a few neighbors. Here's to hoping the summer has a few more get-togethers! :)

No comments: