Monday, January 24, 2011

1st day back

Today was my first day back at work from maternity leave. I had the luxury of being home for three months with Parker, but it just seemed to fly by so quickly this time. During those three months we had Matt's mom visit during Thanksgiving and Matt's dad came out during Christmas and New Years. The time in between was busy with trying to get Parker on a schedule, finish organizing some stuff around the house, and preparation/cleanup from the holidays.

This morning was pretty rough for me as I said goodbye to the boys. And although I know they were in good hands -- Dylan was at Rosemarie's at daycare and Parker was with Matt's mom at the house -- it was still extremely hard. I just kept thinking of everything I was going to miss...
Playing zoo with Dylan.
Parker's genuine smiles and laughs.
Cuddling with Parker.
And of course -- the Murph-meister!

But as difficult as it was today... I managed to survive :) And although I will likely continue to shed some tears this week, I know it will get easier with time. I sure do love those boys though! :)

No comments: