Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fathers Day

This was Matt's first Father's Day home with the family since becoming a Dad. Work requirements in the past prevented him from truly enjoying the weekend. In hindsight, I wish I had planned the day better, but sometimes the chaos of two kids gets in the way of plan-ahead-thinking. Our spontaneous day still turned out pretty good though. After church and a stop at Dunkin Donuts, we went to a nearby reservoir to check it out. While I fed Parker, Matt took Dylan towards the water for him to see people fishing. Surprisingly our eagle-eye child spotted some fish in the water that Matt had to strain to see!
We then headed off to the playground and Dylan insisted Daddy ride on the firetruck with him. It was a good morning. With some cues, Dylan told Matt "Happy Fathers Day" and "Daddy's the best Daddy" :) It melted our hearts!
For dinner we went to my parents house to enjoy some steaks with the family. Dylan put together puzzles with Great-Grandpa, and then showed Great-Grandpa how to clean it all up again! :)
 He made Great-Grandma hold all the extra pieces. I think her hands were overflowing!
 Parker had to check out Grandpa -- almost doing a backbend.
 Big smiles with Grandpa :)
Happy Fathers Day to our Great-Grandpas, Grandpas, Dads, and my wonderful husband! You all are very much appreciated. Love you!

No comments: