When we first saw the Master Bedroom (before we even bought the house), it looked like this with purply/mauve carpeting and walls:
Then came move-in day and we quickly decided the carpet and wall colors needed to go ASAP. They just weren't our style.
So after some TLC and touch-ups, our master bedroom became this:
We bought our master bedroom furniture in Colorado 6 years ago. It continued to fit nicely when we moved to MD in our rented house. However, its been a tight squeeze (to say the least) to fit it all of it in this bedroom. But it DOES fit, but only in one layout -- unless we want to give up a nightstand (which we don't yet). Anyhow, with this particular layout, the bed is partially covering the window, so I cant get just any picture to go above the bed frame since it wouldn't be centered. I had yet to find a picture (in the right size) that I absolutely loved, to hang on that main wall over our bed. That's when I was introduced to the idea of a wall decal through Uppercase Living..... and we found one we loved!! Thanks to my amazing husband, and his laser level, he/we put on the first layer...
He then put on the second layer...
Then Murphy got trapped because the bed had to be moved :)
After some patience, and lots of attention to detail, Matt peeled off the last layer.
And we have our final product! (apologies for the poor lighting) It definitely was a lot more time-consuming than just hanging a picture, but we think it was well-worth it.
We love it!! I really liked that I was able to customize the color and size to tailor my needs. I picked the colors navy & stone to help accent the other picture on the wall. Eventually one day I'll get a better comforter to tie it all in. But for now... :) :)
The wall decal has a more personal meaning too... "Always and Forever" is engraved on our wedding rings so this decal couldn't have been more perfect! :)
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment